Hello crafty friends,
I hope this post finds you well! It’s almost time for Easter and as so often I was running really behind with creating my Easter cards. So I made this fun trio of cards and I also wanted to share my favorite time-saving card-making tips with you!
First, I die cut my background using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Frames (largest size) as well as the Meadow and Stitched Cloud Backdrops. I love using those because it saves me the time of having to die cut multiple hills etc. To save even more time you could definitely skip the cloud backdrop and the scalloped frame, but I really think those are worth the little bit of extra time! I ink blended the hills and cloud background with Distress Oxide inks and added some splatters for more interest as well!
Then I stamped all my images and colored them using my Copic markers. To save time, I used the same marker combinations for the trio of cards, and that made quick work of coloring!
To make sure the scalloped frame really stands out, I cut the meadow backdrops, cloud background, and my card base down to 5 1/4 x 4″. I added the clouds to my card base and then layered the meadow and the frame over top.
Then, it was already time to add all my adorable little images. I added most of the elements using liquid glue. Just for the bunnies, I used foam squares to make them stand out! Finally, I added some gel pen highlights as well as some extra shimmer!
These three came together in roundabout 2 1/2 hours which for a scene card is a great timeframe IMO! Which of these is your favorite?
I really hope you like them! Wishing you a happy Easter!
- Brother Scan’n’Cut
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth
- Transotype Perfect Coloring Paper
- Sunny Studio Stamps Bunnyville
- Sunny Studio Stamps Little Birdie
- Lawn Fawn Meadow Backdrop Portrait
- Lawn Fawn Meadow Backdrop Landscape
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Cloud Backdrop Portrait
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Cloud Backdrop Landscape
- Lawn Fawn Eggstra Amazing Easter (Sentiment)
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen in Glitter Gloss
- Gelly Roll 10 white gel pen
- Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Salvaged Patina, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough
- Copic Markers: 0; E50, E51, E53, E55, E57; YR12, YR14, YR18; R20, R21, R22, R24; Y00, Y02, Y15; G00, G02, G17, G29; BG10, BG11, BG13.
Leave a Reply